A Fond Farewell to Tamora Pierce (with adorable hedgehog pictures)
No, not the author of your childhood memory. She’s still kicking as far as I know.
This Tamora Pierce is a hedgehog! She has been boarding with me for the last week or so while her owner was out of town.
So far what I have learned about hedgehogs is that:
- They don’t like being woken up.
- They really don’t like being woken up when it’s still daytime.
- They like baths, but tend to poop in them.
- Little things love the shit out of their running wheels, but only use them at night, all night. Squeak-squeak-squeak.
- They are possibly the solution to all energy problems, as the laws of physics would have to be broken somehow to generate that much poop from that little kibble.
But they are awfully cute little critters (so cute, in fact, that I’m filing this one under “Fuzzy Ponies” even though Tamora is neither fuzzy nor a pony, on the grounds that people who are searching for fuzzy ponies will probably appreciate hedgehogs too).
Here she is being grumpy at me:
That is what they look like if you wake them up when they don’t want to be woken up. Also they make little huffy grunts, adding to the overall image of a fussy old lady muttering about kids these days.
And here’s the actual Tamora Pierce, who, it must be said, looks a little bit like a hedgehog herself.
I will miss my spiky little friend! She was a pretty cool houseguest, and excellent blog fodder. I will put a few more pictures below for people who like to overload on adorable animals:
That is all for today. Writing about hedgehogs is very hard work and I need to take a break.