Good Habits My Cats Have Taught Me
1. Put the Toilet Seat (and Lid) Down After Use
Or we will drink out of it and then lick your face.
2. Vacuum at Least Once a Week
Or watch your allergic friends swell and choke to an agonizing death before your eyes.
3. Clean Your Dishes as Soon as You’re Done with Them
Or else licking. Also, see #1 re: licking and why it should unsettle you.
4. Do All Your Little Daily Chores (Like Cleaning the Cat Box)
Or we will pee on everything you own.
5. Close Doors to Keep AC In
And cats out. For a little while, at least.
6. Early to Bed, Early to Rise!
Whether you want to rise or not, because we will howl until you get up.
Really, they’ve been very good for my housekeeping skills. Every bachelor should have one, or a few. But possibly not more than two or three, because there comes a point in bachelorhood where too many cats starts to look a little sad, and worrisome to your family.
Or so I’m told. By my family.
Cats! I’m sure they teach other good lessons. Share a few in the comments. Or tell me why dogs are better; meaningless controversies are awesome for page hits. Whatever floats your boat.